Archive for the ‘Innovations for Nonprofit Organizations’ category
Slides from today’s Shine Brighter Series presentation ‘Tap into New Donations with Noncash and Online Giving’November 15, 2012
We’ve published a new white paper titled “Powerful, Cloud-based, and Totally Revolutionary” to showcase the benefits of Software as a Service (SaaS) for nonprofits.
Running a nonprofit or charitable organization has never been exactly easy. And today, it may be as challenging as it has ever been. Not only are you wrestling with a tough economy, but at the same time you’ve got to manage your current information technology assets while facing a welter of new and emerging technological opportunities and challenges.
Normally, nonprofits and charities have acquired and implemented technology solutions piecemeal, as needs and budgets allow. The almost universal result is a group of specialized tools that perform each function well, but are structurally unable to share data, and so make automation of many routine operational tasks difficult or impossible.
This white paper helps to shed light on what we aspired to accomplish with Orange Leap On Demand. We hope you find it helpful – download here.
Version 10.2.4288 is the official PCI Compliance release. All credit card numbers are now tokenized and are no longer stored in the database. Now when a credit card is entered into MPX, that number is sent to the payment processor for storage.
There were also over 60 enhancements made in this MPX release including the ability for the MPX user login process to use integrated Windows security. To enable this you need to set the following config setting both in the client and the server. Other highlights include distribution list updates, forms for postal code validations and exceptions, report enhancements, as well as a variety of donor and transaction screen updates that improve efficiency.
There is a change to downloading the MPX Release Version 10.2.4288 and it’s release notes. These can now be downloaded from Confluence, which requires a login. If you do not have a login, you can self-register. After you register, please email email@example.com and let them know your credentials so you can have the access to the MPX folders. Once you’ve signed up, you can access Confluence anytime or for a complete list of all changes and enhancements go directly to the MPX 10.2.4288 release files.
We have made several improvements and incorporated new features throughout the product. The following list highlights some of the major features and enhancements included in this release:
A major improvement with Orange Leap On Demand has been the user interface. All of the functionality is still available, however, how you access the information is redesigned to be easier and more user friendly.
The search functionality is located in the same place — on the top right in the title bar area. However, there are a couple of key improvements:
- Search Auto-complete — As before, the default search is a fuzzy text search, however, as you type results will start to display records that match what you are inputting.
- If the record you are looking for appears in the list, you can click on it to navigate directly to it. If an exact match is not found, the constituent search results will display.
The import functionality provides an auto-cleanse option to automatically cleanse the data and to resolve common formatting issues, such as dates and check box values, with imports. The check box associated with this feature is checked, by default. If you do not want to use the auto-cleanse feature and allow the import to work similar to how it was previously, you will need to uncheck the associated check box.
Sections called Event Goals and Event Details have been added. There are Event Goal Category and Event Attributes associated picklists for you to input the types of goals you might have for the event; there are also Event Goal Category Items and Event Attribute Details that have values dependent upon the Event Goal Category or Event Attribute Details that you selected.
Additional attribute grids are available on the sponsorable record, program, and home screens. Their setup is similar to the additional constituent attributes. There are picklists associated with each attribute list and attribute details can be added based on the selected attribute.
- Prospect Research: We have a new module, Prospect Research, the purpose of which is to give you tools to help you understand your donors and potential major donors and their ability and probability to give. This module will often be used in conjunction with complementary products such as Wealth Engine or Donor Tools. If the module is enabled, it renders as an item under the Constituent’ Profile menu.
- Enhanced Charting: For all charts, you can now add a Title, Subtitle, an X-Axis Label, a Y-Axis Label, There are several new chart types supported, including 3D charts.
- Enhanced Postal Radius Criteria: The Postal Radius custom filter criteria is now available on the Constituent & Primary Contact data source.
We are pleased to let you know about the release of 2Dialog’s integration with Orange Leap’s MPX and Orange Leap On Demand.
2Dialog offers a suite of online fundraising and e-Communication tools. One of2Dialog’s online communication tools, called Billboard, embraces all aspects of direct response marketing strategies. It enables organizations to easily create and execute effective email campaigns through the use of microsites and landing pages in order to maximize donations. 2Dialog has a lot of functionality in one stand-alone tool which now seamlessly integrates with both MPX and Orange Leap On Demand.
The benefits of the integration include:
Donor Data Synchronization
• Data segmentations created in MPX and Orange Leap On Demand are available in Billboard for emailing campaigns.
• Donors in MPX and Orange Leap On Demand are synchronized within 2Dialog.
• Important campaign data captured in Billboard is automatically transferred back into MPX and Orange Leap On Demand.
Email Deliverability System
• Ability to send email fundraising and marketing campaigns to your constituents and donors.
• Campaign effectiveness and donor behavioral analysis can be done within2Dialog, MPX, or Orange Leap On Demand.
• Quick deployment of e-campaigns through the use of campaign specific microsites/landing pages and forms created within the Billboard tool.
• Transactions done in Billboard are instantly available to be viewed in MPX and Orange Leap On Demand.
• Data captured within these pages are automatically transferred back into2Dialog, MPX, and Orange Leap On Demand.
• Business and Product Development Goals and future direction are shared between both partners.
• Relationship established in 2009. Product integration began in 2010 and was demonstrated with MPX at OrangeCon in 2011.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A simple explanation of how Orange Leap On-Demand software can help organize and manage constituent and donor relationships for non-profit fund raising organizations.